Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring is Here-Kiwi Vine


Spring is Here-Kiwi Vine
Originally uploaded by lessherger.

I'm an amateur gardener. I love to do it, but I'm not all that good at it yet, but I'm working on it slowly.

A commenter on my flickr account said that there was something "dear" about how I'm cradling the edge of this vine, and when I think about it, I love my plants. I really do. There is something so very great about that first touch of spring and those first buds. The first buds let you know that the plant made it and can tell you how much fruit the plant will produce.

I love my plants almost as much as I love my dogs. With proper care and maintenance my plants will feed me. It's a good relationship.

Today I'm focusing on cutting a new garden bed in my back yard. We're going small this year, just enough room for a row of lettuces, peas, carrot, beans, squash and zucchini. I'm putting tomatoes and peppers in 2 spots around the house and a small herb bed next to the house. I'm looking forward to the payoff this summer and fall.

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Thanks for reading mine and for your kind words. Good luck on the gardening.