Sunday, July 15, 2018

I've finished a few novels and u know they are terrible. They will forever languish in my reject pile. While I'm just now learning to be a writer, I'm a lifelong reader, and I can tell you a number of things that tear me out of an otherwise great story and break my heart. Some of this stuff are things beta reader and early stage editing will or should catch. Head hopping, overwhelming characters with a ton of personality and somehow we know their thoughts when the book is supposed to be first person POV, weird grammatical phrasing that sounds fine or acceptable.in a first draft but is garbage in the finished piece, repetative phrases and thoughts and words. If you are a #lesfic author and you need a honest beta reader, hit me up, I'll read your work, send you a doc with notes and thoughts, and be happy to do it. There is no reason to not have a beta reader, there are tons of readers in the community who would.be happy to do it.


via Instagram https://ift.tt/2JqAlLu

No comments: