Saturday, December 14, 2019

What you can't see in this image is that 100% of these red scotch bonnets germinated. These are for my #khristmaskratky contest plant. The largest went into a recycled kcup and will get a 72oz kratky set up. I can't wait for scotch bonnets, they are among my favorites of the hot peppers. Their flavor is amazing, plus they got that scorching heat for sauces. These were soaked for 24hrs in hydrogen peroxide starting on 20191201 then put onto paper towels in a baggie. The baggies was kept between 70 and 80 degrees F. The large one popped open 2 days ago. For a hot pepper 100% germination in 12 days is pretty good. I'm hoping that my soaking experiment will have similar results. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 60+ habaneros from that experiment though. #growshit #hotpeppers #urbanoasis #citysteading #cityfarm #pepper #wintergarden #grow #hydroponic #lifelonglearning


via Instagram https://ift.tt/38FHh5x

No comments: