Thursday, July 14, 2005

I made this for Christie




I made this for christie! It's the reddish brown pebbly textured sheep hide, backed with a thai washi style paper with imbedded pieces of sheet music. the inner paper is 24lb Fox river tree free bamboo paper. The sewing is a linked long stitch and false end bands in natural unbleached linen. there are 280 pages and it's an inch and a half thick but 4.25wX5.5h. It has my raw flap and strap closure.

She loves it and hopefully she will use it on our trip to maine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lurk and I get great binding tips and ideas and I lurk and I think of commenting and I lurk and then you post pics of a book you made for Christie and I burst forth from lurkdom. My goodness, that is a beautiful binding. Many thanks to you for new inspiration.

-Khajha