Sunday, October 09, 2005

Big Dark Blue

I'm getting back to loving the chunky weighty journals that have a weight in your hand that is unmistakable.

This is a journal similar to the Big Blue Journal that I have on my website. the difference here is that it's a deep dark almost black blue colored deer hide. It's so soft and smooth it's amazing. I used natural Irish linen thread tosew it up. It's sewn to stations in a pattern of diamonds and wings. The backing paper is a fibery paper that matches the navy blue almost perfectly. It has 340 pages of 24lb Strathmore paper. I love this paper. It's perfect for writingand has a nice tooth for drawing and it will take a lot of abuse- light watercolor washes, glue and it will even handle my fountain pen.

Enoguh Jibber jabber, pictures below.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leslie, Big Dark Blue arrived yesterday, and it's even better than it appears in the photos! This is going to be a great home for my "night skies" essays and stories.

Thanks!