Sunday, November 27, 2005

thick and 400 pages

I used to be very nervous about making a journal with over 300 paegs, since I've now made a few of them, i'm not. The book if sewn properly does just fine, the tension of the thread to the paper hold the spine tight and doesn't allow the spine to tear as I previously thought it would. It creates a very thick and surprisingly sturdy books. It does have a tendency to warp out and the center pages to fall, but the tension, again, prevents this from being nearly as bad as I had expected it to be.

Anyhow, here are the specs on this book:
400 pages of cream eaton sewn into an alternation of linking long stitch, plain long stitch and a double twist, all in natural unbleached Irish linen thread. It's a heavy pattern to match the heavy book. It is also slightly different than I had first envisioned it, I skipped a stitch descending from the endbanding and went directly to the linking. The stitch after the endbanding seemed too heavy, even for this book. So I skipped it. The leather is a dark brown with a slight distressed finish. THe leather is adhered to a marbled orange paper. IN the back is a hidden pocket, moleskine style that expands on all 3 sides to take in a lot of "stuff." It's got my standard strap and raw edge. I'm happy with how it worked out.

Check it out here:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Its perfect! :D I am so excited!