Sunday, October 15, 2017

Reading Work Clean after it was brought up in the RSVP podcast group. Thanks for the rec @thestorysupplyco Having worked in the food industry I'm always wary of outsiders that seem to fetishize working with food. I used to screen applicants and I always had folks pink slipped from their fancy office job who thought they could work the line or butcher because they watched Bourdain or another cooking show. Kitchen work is hard work. It isn't all fancy gleaming steel and gleaming wood countertops. I never saw one of these office guys survive a week working in prep foods, they usually end up hurt. Further, the "we can learn a lot from the blue collar chefs" tells you a lot about how the author thinks or does not about these folks. It is elitist and condescending and perhaps a bit... Patronizing? I'm still figuring out my thoughts on this one. Anyway, boyfriend threw some serious shade at GTD with this line. Sick burn. Sorry for all the #secularsundaystudy posts today but I've bee. Reading as I catch up with laundry and stuff I should done while I was sick.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2igwYPH

No comments: