Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Working on a few series of brains and skulls with some passengers. The progression will be shared on my ko-fi page for supporters. But the final prints will show up here. This is #trashprintmaking the plates are made up of coffee bags glued to old make ready from the print shop. I used Super 77 spray adhesive and it did pretty well. After tacking everything down I ran it through the press. The big pres at work has thick felts on it and I feel like it didn't smash stuff together as much as I wanted. Everything needed a burnish afterwards. Anyway, once the plates are made, they are trimmed to size. I work up my image with a sharpie the scratch and cut into the surface. I might work some areas with glue. After I'm happy with the lines visually I'll coat everything with shellac. Front and back. I might adhere these to a backing to get a better impression from the plate. Also it will add to the sturdiness. These once cut feel fragile. #printmaking #art #print #recycle #thisisyourbrainondrugs


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CVy9Mw9DIUs/

No comments: