Tuesday, May 03, 2005

More Crash

Today has been an uneventful day. I’ve spent much of my time loading things onto the new computer and trying to find all the websites I’ve visited on a regular basis and distinguishing those from the ones I need for the studio. I do feel somewhat lost without the website to work on and of course when I went to the site, I notice that many of the images are broken links. There isn’t much I can do about it now, but hopefully my little brother will get on the ball and send me a disk or 2.

In more Studio related news, I have 2 custom orders, one is very romantic and one is very practical. Both have their separate challenging issues- one is a size issue and the other is a question of how do I bind 700 full sized pages of emails into a book? (actually I dont think it will be that difficult.) The size issue is one I can deal with most easily what I’ll need to do is do 3 separate sewing that are hidden, one at the head, one at the tail and the final in the center. This will keep the shape of the book block- or the pages even and tight. The final decorative sewing will take place along the spine and will be supported by a layer of leather, tyvek and probably paper as well as the decorative paper I use to back the leather. The email question is one of how to manipulate the pages into a format that can be bound easily. What I need is pagemaker, but that’s on my old computer. I was also able to do it in Lotus; does anyone remember Lotus123? I loved lotus, word only even more user friendly.

Now that I’m done with this I’m going to be loading up some clearance items on eBay. Mainly because I just need to get rid of them, but also because I need to make some cash to pay off this damn computer, and start to save up for a new monitor.

No comments: