Monday, March 26, 2007

wholesale

Another thing that has been taking up a lot of my time is that my DayJob boss has offered to sell my recycled books in the store. In the past I’ve avoided wholesaling my work partially because I always get almost what I want for my books on eBay or etsy, I’ve had no reason to sell them wholesale. I also had a very high end product, or so I think. My books are an artistic extension of myself. That being said the recycled notebooks are as well, but less so. I love the experimentation with the material and the interesting nature of the material. I also love that it fits in with my recycling and ecological perspective of life- there is nothing more fulfilling than helping save the planer, in my own little way. It’s great to take signs that would have otherwise been destined for the landfill and turn them into something else entirely.

Anyway, I’ve been trying to determine what I should charge as a wholesale price and in what quantity.

Ultimately this comes down to a business decision, I know that doing this can expand my local visibility, which leads to larger online business. It’s also a way for me to unload a large quantity of books all at once, which leads to a large amount of income, all at once.

No comments: