Sunday, December 17, 2006

BLack and red all over

I just put the journal below up onto eBay. It has an integrated penslip. I like how it came out and I've figured out how it can be done without adding a whole addition strip of leather, I could simply turn over the leather and add some eyelets. Trial and error. I went with my gut on this one and I think it turned out well. It perfectly holds a pencil or two. It's pretty sweet! 200 pages of Southworth linen textured paper in light gray. I used brht red linen to sew it up and cut a rough jagged edged red strap from a deer hide. Pretty good if I do say so myself.





I used this book as a way to experiment with a few things for a couple of custom orders I've got in the works. I'm pretty happy with both of the things I'm playing with here.

No comments: