Saturday, March 10, 2007

a few words about my week

I have 2 days off in a row, I’m still not accustomed to it. I love it though. This week at the day job has been filled with ups and downs. Many of the downs could have been avoided if I knew more about my job and the tools I’m using. Given the amount of time I’ve been trained I’m not surprised about the downs. That being said they were sort of a blessing in disguise as I now know just about everything there is to know about these tools.

I was able to spend a few evenings in the studio mucking about with my recycled materials. And I’m quite pleased with the results. I made 2 proto-type books with old signs and pockets inside. I’ve learned the right sizes to make the covers to hold a useful pocket as well as make a neat cover that perfectly covers the book block.

I’ll have to take some pictures. The one thing that I don’t like is that the signatures use a LOT of paper, so I’ll try it with fewer pages and see how it works. I just wanted to make sure that the book felt full.

On my way home I stopped at an office store to find some different paper than what I currently have, I found a new line of paper at office max that I like a lot. I’m sure a major manufacturer makes it for them, but it’s watermarked with some odd logo. I’m going to investigate and see who makes it because it’s really very nice.

Anyway, I’m going to spend some time in the studio tonight and tomorrow and I’llpost more then.

No comments: