Thursday, April 23, 2020

I made myself a pair of slippers from an old pair of jeans and their knee patches. Thanks @lisababey for the pattern. These were super easy but I did alter it a bit. First I added a layer of fleece and 2 layers of old shrunken wool blend sweater to the sole. A single layer of denim is NOT warm enough for my hardwood floors. The pattern as given was much too large for my feet and too narrow. So I traced a pair of my water shoes. Still too big. I altered as I went and have a good idea of how to make these to fit better. The right slipper (left in the pic) is better than the left because I learned as I went. The layers of denim and sweaters and fleece was almost too much for the antique machine. But it powered through. My wife wants a pair now. She'll get 'em. #makergonnamake #maker #craftyfuckers #upcycle #reducereuserecycle


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/B_V1gmRjp4M/

No comments: