Thursday, November 18, 2021

We're planning something at work and I doodles something. Then I had some free time in the shop. So I threw together a little something on the tabletop Kelsey8x10 and was pretty happy. Yes, it's magenta on the back of an old print. Far from perfect, a lot of the wooden type we have is uneven and doesn't ink well at all. It was quite frustrating to pull everything off, clean it, add in a bit of tape to lift the type a smidge here and there. I'm not sure if the type has been crushed but most of it was much shorter than the antique S I used. But still, this is also a useful example for the kids of how fast you can take an idea from a doodle to a working prototype. This concept will be reworked a few times, clean up, added to and finally printed for the event. #letterpress #kelseytabletop #printmaking #print


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CWcUyAaMTp1/

No comments: