Wednesday, July 13, 2022

I try to make sure we put our materials away in good working order. The gel plates have been through the ringer before I got to them. I am attempting to revive them through pressure and a flat surface. I am also planning on giving them a bit of a mineral oil massage too. I am of the thought that gel plates belong in every print studio- whether they are commercially made or homemade, they belong. Things you can teach on a gel plate- how to properly roll out ink, process colors, building up layers of ink, stencils and masking, registration, and probably a hundred things I can't even think of. I love gel plates. I know a lot of folx are super snobby about them and they shouldn't be. #gelplate #print #printmaking


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/Cf-FwCNPx1f/

No comments: