Friday, May 05, 2023

I took some time for myself and finally printed this collagraph plate I made a year ago. I enjoy how it turned out especially with the pop of red. This is #trashprintmaking at it's most basic. I gathered some trash I found when out and about, then glued it together, altered it a bit, then added a healthy layer of shellac. I printed it intaglio and relief style. The black is intaglio and the red relief rolled. It's a peppy little commentary on people that toss trash out onto the street as they drive through. The unrecyclable nature of fast food packaging ( a combo of grease and plastic) mean that though the paper and grease may rot away the plastic lingers in a yard or eco system for years and years before degrading down into micro plastic. The more I get outside the more littering pisses me off.


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/Cr2MSTJt2WM/

No comments: