Wednesday, August 31, 2022

If you have known me for a long time you know I've got a few things that I love, bikes being one of them. I just cleaned and rebuilt these cheapie Shimano sis shifters that came on the new-to-me Trek. I had no idea what I was doing but they had seized up. The front started working after a blast of wd40, the rear needed a teardown and clean out and adjustment of the springs inside. I probably spent an hour putting it back together wrong. Repeatedly. After that I adjusted bothe the front and back so they shift better than new. After that the chain, cassette, and gears got a thorough cleaning and dry wax lube. I am debating installing an old rockshox I have in the garage. I have installed my 'zon knock off lights, 1200 (supposedly) on the front and rear. They get warm but wow do they make ya visible. I am adding a few more bosses aka riv nuts to the underside and forks but that has to wait until the kit arrives. I need a decent multi use 700c tire. My current slicks are good for streets only, I need something that can handle packed gravel. #bikelife


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/Ch7qT9DpSJH/

No comments: