Sunday, December 08, 2019

Conducting a seed germination experiment. I've done some reading about getting hard to germinate seeds to start. Soaking un water, hydrogen peroxide, aspirin, nicking the seed coat are all things I've read about. So I'm testing them here. Habanero isnt the hardest seed to start but since I have several hundred seeds, that's what I'm using. Each vial has 10 seeds. I have a vial of plain water, 1% peroxide, 100mg aspirin in 5ml water, knife nicked and one with nothing done. They will soak for 24 hours at room temp. Then 5 will go into paper towels and 5 into seed starting mix all will go into the temp controlled box. Then we'll see which method works best for getting these seeds germinated faster than paper towel in a baggie alone. . Anecdotally I have noticed that soaked hot pepper seeds look better than those not soaked. Those soaked in peroxide look better than those soaking in just water. . Super hots are a pain in the arse. I plan to use this method with tomatoes as well. #growshit #hotpeppers #urbanoasis #citysteading #cityfarm #plantd


via Instagram https://ift.tt/2PqC20I

No comments: