Sunday, June 20, 2021

Tested a dry point on soda can backed with packaging. The first pri t was great. I got 3 clear prints, the 4th is a bit fuzzy. I'm not sure if it is the wipe or the nature of the material. The aluminum wraps a lot. The pressure needs to be set juuuuuuuusssssstttt right to get a good imprint and not damage the delicate little plate. I made 2 new press beds for the press. They are 6x24 inches and just under 3/4 in thick. HD was out of the MDF I wanted so I bought 2 cheap shelves. Unfortunately they are made of particle board. Which is not as evenly dense. It does have a nice easy to clean plastic surface though. I managed to damage one already. The goal is to eventually build up the.mini press and leave the bed in it for more typical loading and use. I also made my self a graver. It was ridiculously easy and satisfying. I need to make another with more sloped shoulder so I can vary the line a bit. I might try some wood engraving. #printmaking #drypoint #prints #art #minipress #maker #artplay #instagramartists


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CQU_jlyDweD/

No comments: