Friday, April 08, 2022

My patchwork shirt has gotten to the point where I can no longer stitch it by hand comfortably. The bulk of the shirt is just too large for my hands. Also... The actual stitching kills my wrist and fingers. I can do 2or 3 small patches... But I resorted to the sewing machine this weekend. Which I still find relaxing but in a different way. I also stealth patched a hole in my second fave pair of jeans with the machine. Very smooth and comfortable. I need a new spool of variegated blue thread though. I think I paid 5 bucks for my current large spool many years ago... Now the same spool is $12. Sigh. I also added a stealth stress patch to the groin area of my fav pair of jeans. The old converse one star that I've altered to a perfect not quite straight but also not a skinny fit and wore out in grad school only to then add in sashiko style patches. The stitching on some is wearing thin which means they'll need more patches. I'll be working in small patches so I can keep them sashiko style. #stitching #morebadchoices #wristpain


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CcExdmkMvwc/

No comments: