Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Some adventures in rough leather work.this is buck skin, so very soft. I did consider giving it the boil treatment but chose to just let it be super soft. I have gotten a few key cards to gain access to a few buildings. The work card holder was made of a soft flexie plastic that hardened and chipped away. I decided to make a new case from the buck skin and some hand stitching. I considered holding off to go to the brickyard to use their industrial machine but opted for the hand stitching. Anyway. Simple folded over leather and rounded corners and eyelets to secure the card inside. I also have wanted a key holder that lets the keys swing out easily. I can't find my screw posts so this will have to do for now. Basically the key holder will keep the pockets of my jeans from shredding over time. The raw key card has red stitching and the brickyards has black. #makergonnamake #maker #leather #keymanagement


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CcT7SVrM79R/

No comments: