Monday, October 17, 2022

A little before and after of these tektro brakes. Basic v brakes. They had a bit of putting and rust, the rust was remover from the brake with Lysol rust and lime toilet cleaner. Worked well. The brakes were then sanded down with some sandpaper. Wiped down with alcohol, then painted... With @sharpie oil paint markers. 2 coats and they look dope. The chrome areas were derusted and coated with some @molotowheadquarters chrome paint pen. Some pics of that tomorrow. But the whole thing looks great. Now I need to find some @tektro_official labels. These are going on the project bike once I get some koolstop pads in my grubby little paws. I am considering if I should spray this with some top coat or not. I probably should for longevity but part of me just wants to get them on the bike... As an aside... The slightly scuffed paint took the paint marker the best the area where I went down to bare metal... Not so much. #makersgonnamake #makeitmine #pedalpower #bikelife #retrorestoration #retrobike #90smountainbike


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/Cj1omRKjPy6/

No comments: