Monday, September 19, 2022

I bought this bike new back in 1996 with scholarship money that said I could use it for transportation costs. I used it to get to and from class but also on the trails. This bike saw hundreds of hours of me on it on the trails and commuting. The drivetrain is original and needs some updates. Which will happen over this winter. The other bike will be for gravel and touring while this one will get updated for light trail use. I'll probably do some easy single track but nothing like I used to. Upcoming updates- drive train, front shock, likely wheels, headset, brakes, grips, shifter brakes and levers, and finally a new saddle. All in all giving it a tune up today made me realize I could take it out on a trail with just a new nobby tire on the back end. I've got a slick on it now. It's been the bike I've had on the trainer for the last 2 years. Takes care of your stuff and it'll last a long time, the stuff I'm adding aren't necessarily needed they'll just make riding better.


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CitCfeSvMt-/

No comments: