Wednesday, September 14, 2022

I've been playing with some grain / feed bags for #myog I like messenger bags with the feed side showing but for my bike gear I want to add some skullies and stuff. So I decided to true paint pens and paint on the inside of the bag. I also might want to use these as a project with my students. It's kind of a cool surface, it's plastic but recycled and bright intense white. Some results: spray paint is bomb on this stuff. Esp the krylon multi surface. You gotta degrease the heck out of it. Oil and alcohol based paint markers work on it with just a wash and degrease. Krink k70 and sharpie oil based worked well. The acrylic paint pens... Not so much, the surface needs to be cleaned degreased and then primed. In this case I e got some tinted gac surface prep. If it isn't clean and degreased the primer slides off. But a nice even coat on a degreased surface is holding pretty well. It even penetrated down into the weave, a bonus for waterproofing. Do not try to iron this stuff. Even mild heat made the wrinkles worse and high heat melted it into a crusty nasty mess. I don't know if we'll make some posters with this or not but I'm going to continue to #myog. #diyordie #makersgonnamake #maker #recycle #upcycle #hiking #pedalpower #artist #artsyfartsy


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CifcNbHLfOG/

No comments: