Sunday, September 11, 2022

I made myself a frame bag out of recycled ish materials. I used Ikea bags and a benefit bag from the recycle group along with some zippers from Joanne's plus some poly thread and made lace ons from leftover Paracord I had from making handles for some of my other bags. Inside, it's not visible but there is a place to hook things with a Paracord PALS (aka MOLLE) strip. The teal zipper side is one big pocket while the orange side is a slim pocket. The rest of the bag straps on with Velcro. It is not waterproof but could be if I sealed the seams. This was one of the more difficult bag projects I've sewn. The various angles and putting in zippers is really hard. Plus the animal feed and Ikea bags are slippery buggers. My old sewing machine dogs didn't like it at all. I also had to oil the machine.which is a good reminder to service your sewing machines- brush out the lint and give her some oil. Just a little so she doesn't seize up. #myog #bikelife #bikepacking #pedalpower


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CiYCwwQpw0m/

No comments: